General Discussions

No CPC exam in my state until the end of April

Picture of Instructor Laura
No CPC exam in my state until the end of April
by Instructor Laura - Monday, 26 November 2012, 8:36 PM

Ugh!  I was not planning on waiting that long to sit for the CPC.  I should be starting Module III tomorrow or the next day (hopefully), as I just finished Module II a little while ago.  I read somewhere or am thinking that we have to start scheduling our cert. exams in Module III, so I was hoping there would be one in March.  (Of course, I hope I'm ready by that time and have completed MIII by that time.)  

Can I go out of state to take it?  I don't live THAT far from another state where they have the test sooner.  Or, should I keep checking the web site and maybe a test will open up in my state sooner than end of April.  

Just not sure.  I was hoping to be finished the entire course by the end of April and I was also hoping to have the CPC by that time, and be ready for the CCS (or have already taken it, as I know some have passed both before the end of MIV).

Just trying to plan ahead.  

Picture of Carmel Si
Re: No CPC exam in my state until the end of April
by Carmel Si - Monday, 26 November 2012, 8:52 PM

Is this true? I just started Module 3 so I should start looking to schedule my exam?  I better get on it!

Picture of LaRae Ja
by LaRae Ja - Monday, 26 November 2012, 8:56 PM

You can take the test where ever you want to.  It is a good idea to check the website on a regular basis because they always add more sites.  I signed up to take the test in November. The closest location was 250 miles from me.  A month later, I checked and there was a test that was added for December and is only 30 miles from me.  I was able to cancel the one and reschedule for the closer location.  I called AAPC and they were very helpful and took care of the canceling/rescheduling.  Did not cost anything to do that. Gave me an extra month to study too. I have done 2 of the 3 online study tests through AAPC.  They are very helpful and gives a good idea of what to expect.

Picture of Instructor Laura
by Instructor Laura - Monday, 26 November 2012, 9:06 PM

Until I read the MIII syllabus, I'm just not sure when I'll be ready, but some memory in my brain is telling me end of MIII, I should be ready for CPC.  Don't quote me on it (please).  

Thanks LaRae for confirming for me that the AAPC adds tests and that I should check the site from time to time.  Best of luck to you for your December test.

Picture of Donna Ha
by Donna Ha - Sunday, 2 December 2012, 9:23 PM

LaRae, you and I both will be taking the CPC this month.  Mine is scheduled for the 29th.  I need to take those practice exams  you spoke of. 

Kristi, I am at the end of III, and yes, now is the time to take the CPC. I am amazed at how much I am learning about the coding process, and nervous about how much more I need to learn/know in order to be successful. 

Picture of LaRae Ja
by LaRae Ja - Tuesday, 25 December 2012, 6:43 PM

Good luck on your test Donna!! Let us know how you do.