General Discussions

Needing help on completing a code description at the beginning of Mod 2!

Picture of Sara Ta
Needing help on completing a code description at the beginning of Mod 2!
by Sara Ta - Thursday, 3 August 2017, 1:23 PM

Hi,

Ive just started Module 2. I am on exercise 1.1 question 20. What is the complete description of code 27333? Well I looked up the code and in the CPT 2017 professional it shows on page 150 that the code is: medial AND lateral.

I went to verify the code using my answer sheet and it shows the answer as being : 27333 Arthrotomy, with excision of semilunar cartilage (menisectomy) knee; medial AND lateral.

I have no idea how they came up with the all that as the description or where its found at. I cannot code this correctly. I sent thru for help and its been two days and Im trying to keep on schedule. I am falling behind due to the fact I cant move forward til I find this way of coding for Mod 2 out. Can someone please tell me how you could this and where you found the rest of the description outside of what the book shows of medial AND lateral?

Sara TA

Picture of Cristene Da
Re: Needing help on completing a code description at the beginning of Mod 2!
by Cristene Da - Thursday, 3 August 2017, 9:16 PM

Hi Sara.. you'll find your answer under the discussions board. you can print the Kuehn Answer Key with instructor notes.

:) Cristene

Picture of Instructor Peggy
by Instructor Peggy - Friday, 4 August 2017, 3:32 PM

I replied to your email yesterday, Sara.  

Picture of Sara Ta
by Sara Ta - Friday, 4 August 2017, 4:12 PM

TY....Peggy cleared it all up. I didnt know it was on a discussion board!

Picture of Norma Cr, CPC-A
by Norma Cr, CPC-A - Tuesday, 8 August 2017, 8:14 AM

Discussions board...Where is this? Am I on it?
Picture of Glenda Hickman
by Glenda Hickman - Tuesday, 8 August 2017, 4:52 PM

You don't have access to the Module II Discussions forum yet, Norma, since you're still in Module I currently.  There is a Module I Discussions forum you should be using, however.  It's located at the very top of Module I, just above the printable copy of the syllabus in the center of your screen when you have Module I open.

-Glenda